Applied Learning Programme (ALP)
ALP - Food Science and Technology
Developing Gifts to Society
- Discovering the needs of others
- Daring to prototype and try to address these needs, then
- Dreaming further and bigger to improve the prototype to serve those around us in the community
- providing varied hands-on learning activities which are process-focused,
- providing opportunities for first-person experiences such as Learning Journeys to industry partner and workshops at Science Centre,
- leveraging authentic and local day-to-day contexts which students can relate to, and
- employing the Design Thinking method in problem-solving.
Secondary One Woodlanders specialise in learning about various techniques in molecular gastronomy, culminating in the use of Design Thinking in a Drinks-making Competition to create a healthy and visually-appealing beverage with the molecular gastronomy techniques learnt.
A pair of teammates creating flavoured spheres to garnish
A team utilising layering techniques to craft their drink
Preparing the Signature Drink for Speech Day VIPs